Well this has been an interesting week with regards to starting out as a freelancer.
My week began with me creating profiles on LinkedIn, Freelancer and Peopleperhour followed up by My journey into freelance blog article.
In addition to all the sharing I did through Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook, I thought it wouldn’t hurt to post a free ad on Gumtree as part of my proactive attempt to procure some freelance work.
It didn’t take too long before I received my first response. It was not quite what I had expected at all!
Based on your post, I’d respectfully consider and seek another career – your grammar is appalling!
I have of course replied, asking the author of the message to be more precise with their offer of feedback. However, three days later and I am still awaiting an answer.
I did however access my advert through the mobile version of the site and noticed that in the advertisement headline and the actual post, a capital A has been inserted in front of the £ symbol. I can only assume that this was the reason that prompted the email from Prof.
Later that day, while I was nursing my pride and self confidence I was blessed with a promising private message via Facebook. One of my acquaintances hosts several websites and have requested a quote for my proofreading services.
So with everything crossed and frequent prayers, I am looking forward to beginning my first project soon.
In response to friendly constructive feedback, of which I am most grateful, the advert has been updated and improved.
However viewing the advertisement on mobile apps is causing me no end of trouble. The website has inserted more strange characters, I need to have a chat with some of my techy friends to see how I can resolve this.